Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center, Inc. (GNAHEC) is accepting proposals from organizations in our five-county service area: Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Hernando and Citrus counties. The intent is to fund worthwhile projects directly related to our mission of connecting students to careers, professionals to communities and communities to better health. We inspire, train, recruit and retain a diverse and broad range of health professionals to practice in communities where the need is greatest.
For 2022, project proposals emphasizing the following will receive special consideration for funding approval:
1. Support and development of culturally appropriate health promotion, disease prevention outreach activities with a focus on the reducing health disparities.
2. Development of new primary care or behavioral health clinical training sites with preceptors willing to mentor health professions students.
3. Training for health professions students and practicing health professionals in medical, nursing, public health and other health fields who serve medically underserved populations.
4. Programs developed to retain health professionals in GNAHEC’s designated service area.
5. Disease prevention and health education programs for students residing in the GNAHEC service areas.